A round robin bracket is one where each participant plays all the other participants in turn.
For example, if you have a Round Robin bracket with 4 teams - Team A, Team B, Team C and Team D. Here are the matches that would get generated:
Team A vs Team B
Team C vs Team D
Team A vs Team C
Team B vs Team D
Team A vs Team D
Team B vs Team C
Protip: If you have an odd number of teams, one team get a bye match every round. Or to think about it another way, every team will get a bye match.
What are Round Robin groups?
Groups is a feature on Battlefy to separate your teams or players into smaller batches for the Round Robin format. Because every team has to play each other once in a Round Robin bracket, the number of matches can grow really quickly!
- With 4 participants, your bracket will have 6 matches to play.
- With 10 participants, your bracket will have 45 matches to play.
- With 20 participants, your bracket will have 190 matches to play.
- With 50 participants, your bracket will have 1225 matches to play!
You can easily use Round Robin Groups to separate your teams or players and make the brackets more manageable.
- You can split up your 50 participants into 10 groups. Each group will have 5 players and 10 matches. So, your bracket will only have a total of 100 matches to play!
Watch this tutorial we've made on Round Robin Brackets